Children and families throughout Richmond, VA are sleeping tight tonight. Thanks to our supporters, volunteers and community partners, the four programs of CARITAS are making life a little better for thousands in our community. You help people recover from addiction, find shelter from homelessness, feed their families, and get back on the road to employment. To support CARITAS and The Healing Place, click the “Donate Online” button below and use our easy online form.
We accept online donations though PayPal or Donor Perfect. Choose an option below to to get started!
Donate By Mail
To make a donation by mail please send a check or money order to the P.O box listed below.CARITAS
P.O. Box 25790
Richmond, VA 23260-5790 Clara Stokes
P:(804) 358-0964 ext. 305
Other Ways to Give
Many employers run employee giving campaigns through United Way, the CFC or CVC. When asked to give, please consider CARITAS for your gift to charity. The codes to designate to CARITAS are:
United Way Campaign – Number no longer needed. Simply write in “CARITAS.”
Like to shop online? Shop at Smile.Amazon.com and chose “CARITAS” as your charity of choice. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to CARITAS.
Virginia NAP Tax Credits
Your contribution to CARITAS may be eligible for Virginia’s Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP). NAP offers Virginia state income tax credits to individuals and eligible donors of qualified, participating organizations. CARITAS participates in the NAP program.
For more information, please email Development Associate Debi Bosko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planned giving is a meaningful way to invest in the future. Let us answer any questions you may have about setting up a lifetime gift via your will or other form of planned giving with CARITAS. For more information, please contact Chief Development Officer Clara Stokes at (804) 887-1571 or email@example.com.
Donate Your Car
Donate your car to CARITAS, and you may be restoring a person’s livelihood. All you need to provide is your car and your title…we do the rest!
Through our “Wheels to Work” program, eligible clients needing reliable transportation to secure work are qualified to invest in the cars you donate! This huge step toward stability and provides important life skills training on many levels Call Scott Hilliard at 230-1217 for more information about how to drop off your vehicle at 1125 Commerce Rd, or to arrange a tow or pick-up.
After that, we will handle the following steps:
- When we receive the title, it will be signed over to CARITAS
- CARITAS will take the title to DMV and process the paperwork to transfer the title
- We will look up your car’s Kelly Blue Book Value.
- If it is valued over $500.00, a 1098C will be issued to you along with a thank-you letter for your donation
- If it is valued under $500, we will simply issue you a thank-you letter
- This generous donation from you will make such a difference by removing a major obstacle standing between one of our clients and self-sufficiency. We thank you in advance for considering CARITAS the next time you plan to donate your vehicle!
- We want to pass along an opportunity, not a problem, so please only donate vehicles that have life left in them (just like our gently used furnishings at the Furniture Bank!). We can take care of minor fixes such as batteries or tires, but CARITAS does not have the ability to make repairs.
If you are interested in learning more about how you can help, please contact Chief Development Officer Clara Stokes at (804) 887-1571 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for a gift in these challenging times is an honor in and of itself, and CARITAS would greatly appreciate whatever consideration its friends–new and old–may give in support of our mission. You may not know that CARITAS is funded mostly with private contributions; we rely on the generosity of this community. CARITAS is committed to using your funds wisely. We hold a four-star rating on Charity Navigator, silver status on Guidestar, and we are a Better Business Bureau accredited charity.