CARITAS Works is a job training and life skills program for men and women who have significant barriers to employment. The program consists of three components that will ultimately guide YOU to attain sustainable economic security and become productive, independent, joyful, and service-driven members of YOUR community.
To be admitted, you will need a referral from your Case Manager and you will need to fill out an application and have an interview with a CARITAS Works staff member.
What are the criteria for admission to the program?
Potential referrals should be adults who want to turn their lives around – not just get a job. Our curriculum is challenging and participants will be asked to look hard at their past lives and the choices they have made. Our goal is to empower our clients to overcome their circumstances and forge pathways to lasting success. In addition, participants must:
- Be able to commit to 5 weeks of classroom instruction.
- Be able to work well in learning groups, and willing to participate in all activities.
- Be willing to behave in a professional manner and adhere to the policies and guidelines of the program.
- Have daily transportation to 1108 Gordon Avenue, Richmond, VA.
- Have stable housing during the duration of the program.
- Be able to read at a 4th grade level.
- Have a minimum of 60 days of sobriety if in a program prior to beginning of class – all students are subject to drug testing during the program and will be discharged for testing positive.
For more information, contact CARITAS Works Program Manager Marilyn Milio at email@example.com or (804) 343-5008 ext 406.