CARITAS is proud to offer workforce development opportunities through the CARITAS Works program. In addition to our five-week Works program, we also offer certification courses (6 hours) throughout the year for anyone who will operate sit-down forklifts (powered industrial trucks). Upon successful completion of the course and testing, the participant will receive both a wallet size and an 8 x 10 certificate valid in Virginia.
Class participants will be able to:
- Operate powered industrial trucks, forklifts
- Understand and utilize OSHA standards for operating forklifts
- Learn about the different types of forklifts and how to correctly perform pre and post operation inspections
- Drive, park, load, inspect, and stabilize forklifts
- Understand safety procedures and operator warnings for forklifts
- Develop and utilize a daily checklist for forklifts
E-mail or call Sandra Morris: firstname.lastname@example.org / (804) 343-5008 ext 416.
2020 Training Dates
All trainings are 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 2200 Stockton Street, Richmond, VA 23224. Training is $85 per person. All training materials will be provided.
- September 19, 2020
- November 21, 2020