CARITAS is thrilled to launch our inaugural Junior Board for the 2022-2023 Fiscal Year!
Who is the CARITAS Junior Board?
The CARITAS Junior Board is a group of individuals in the Richmond area that represents a variety of backgrounds and/or professions. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in CARITAS and helping us further our mission and goals. We want the Junior Board experience to be enriching for anyone in the Richmond region who is enthusiastic about being involved in their community in a meaningful way. Additionally, this opportunity allows members to gain experience in Board service.
What does the CARITAS Junior Board do?
The CARITAS Junior Board meets once a month for no more than 1.5 hours, either in a traditional planning meeting or in an alternative, but productive gathering. These events include volunteering at the CARITAS Center, educational sessions with CARITAS program managers, professional development opportunities with the CARITAS Board of Directors, and much more. CARITAS Junior Board members serve 1-year terms with no limit to the number of terms as long as a member remains in good standing. Junior Board terms follow the fiscal year that CARITAS follows, with membership beginning in July and ending in June. This Junior Board will have the exciting opportunity to help CARITAS plan and organize a new and unique signature fundraising event.
Expectations of Junior Board members during their 1-year term:
- Represent CARITAS and advocate for our mission in the community and within your personal network.
- Volunteer at a minimum of 1 CARITAS event and/or sign up for a volunteer opportunity. Explore opportunities here.
- Assist in executing, planning, and organizing fundraising events by procuring sponsorships, donations, volunteering the day of, marketing the event, and recruiting your network to attend.
- Make a meaningful annual gift within your means and/or find other ways to contribute to CARITAS financially throughout the year, including sharing giving opportunities with your network.
- Attend a minimum of 6 monthly Junior Board meetings, with the expectation that Junior Board members will attend as many meetings throughout the year as possible in order to remain engaged and informed.
Read more about Member Expectations and Responsibilities
Applications for FY 2022-2023 are now closed. If you are interested in being notified when applications for next year open or if there is a vacancy, please email email@example.com.
Our 2022-2023 Junior Board Members
Please contact Senior Development Coordinator, Kayla Smith at (804) 612-1727 or firstname.lastname@example.org.