CARITAS is thrilled to launch our inaugural Junior Board for the 2022-2023 Fiscal Year!
Who is the Junior Board?
The CARITAS Junior Board will be a group of individuals in the Richmond area that represents a variety of backgrounds and/or professions. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in CARITAS and helping us further our mission and goals. We expect the Junior Board experience to be enriching for anyone in the Richmond region who is enthusiastic about being involved in their community in a meaningful way. Additionally, this opportunity will allow members to gain experience in Board service.
What does the Junior Board do?
The CARITAS Junior Board will meet once a month for no more than 1.5 hours, either in a traditional planning meeting or in an alternative, but productive gathering. These events may include volunteering at the CARITAS Center, educational sessions with CARITAS program managers, professional development opportunities with the CARITAS Board of Directors, and much more. CARITAS Junior Board members will serve 1-year terms with no limit to the number of terms as long as a member remains in good standing. Junior Board terms will follow the fiscal year that CARITAS follows, with membership beginning in July and ending in June. This Junior Board will have the exciting opportunity to help CARITAS plan and organize a new and unique signature fundraising event.
Some expectations of Junior Board members during their 1-year term:
- Represent CARITAS and advocate for our mission in the community and within your personal network.
- Volunteer at a minimum of 1 CARITAS event and/or sign up for a volunteer opportunity. Explore opportunities here.
- Assist in executing, planning, and organizing fundraising events by procuring sponsorships, donations, volunteering the day of, marketing the event, and recruiting your network to attend.
- Make a meaningful annual gift within your means and/or find other ways to contribute to CARITAS financially throughout the year, including sharing giving opportunities with your network
- Attend a minimum of 6 monthly Junior Board meetings, with the expectation that Junior Board members will attend as many meetings throughout the year as possible in order to remain engaged, informed, and able to assist with any planning, efforts.
CARITAS is currently accepting applications for Junior Board members until May 31st, 2022.
You can apply by filling out this interest form. Upon completion of this form, an application will be emailed to you.
Please contact Development Coordinator, Kayla Smith at (804) 612-1727 or email@example.com.