Call (804) 230-1184 for The Healing Place for Men located at 700 Dinwiddie Avenue, Richmond, VA 23224.
Call (804) 418-3049 for The Healing Place for Women located at 2220 Stockton Street, Richmond, VA 23224.
During the active pandemic, in conjunction with DPHS (Daily Planet Health Services), The Healing Place has developed a weekly intake plan for men and women. Please call the numbers above to begin a phone screening to enter the program.
Recovery at No Cost
CARITAS is committed to providing help to anyone ready to commit to a life in recovery. The Healing Place welcomes anyone outside of our service area seeking help.
How to Enter the Program
Interested participants must:
- Be willing to get a COVID-19 test and participate in a phone screening before entering the program.
- Commit to a long-term, abstinence-based recovery program for 6-9 months.
- Adhere to our acceptable medications list.
- Disclose any mental health diagnosis.
- Bring a 30-day supply of needed/prescribed medications.
- Be able and willing to walk up to 5 miles per day and work various jobs in the building.
- Agree to not work outside of the building for money during this time.
Medical professionals and the Department of Corrections representatives can make referrals to The Healing Place. Call 230-1184. Note: We do not accept court-ordered mandates to the program.
Family Education Program
The Family Education Program is a collaborative effort dedicated to providing quality education and support to families of substance users in our community. Currently, we meet virtually. Visit us on Facebook to access meeting links and find out which topics we will cover each week!
We are free and open to anyone with an addicted loved one. Arm yourself with the education, support and resources to cope with a loved one’s substance abuse and make peace with the past and present.