Call (804) 230-1184 for The Healing Place for Men located at 700 Dinwiddie Avenue, Richmond, VA 23224.
Call (804) 418-3049 for The Healing Place for Women located at 2220 Stockton Street, Richmond, VA 23224.
During the active pandemic, in conjunction with DPHS (Daily Planet Health Services), The Healing Place has developed a weekly intake plan for men and women. Please call the numbers above to begin a phone screening to enter the program.
- The majority of our THP staff has been vaccinated.
- We now accept intakes 7 days a week between 8 a.m. – 12 a.m. midnight. A COVID test is not required. Rather, COVID symptom screening per the CDC guidelines will be in place for all participants of the program. Testing, quarantine, and isolation protocols for symptomatic participants remain intact with Daily Planet.
- Please call ahead for phone screenings via the numbers above.
- Vaccines are available to our participants through the Daily Planet by appointment.
Recovery at No Cost
CARITAS is committed to providing help to anyone ready to commit to a life in recovery. The Healing Place welcomes anyone outside of our service area seeking help.
How to Enter the Program
Interested participants must:
- Commit to a long-term, abstinence-based recovery program for 6-9 months to include a minimum of 3 months in transitional living.
- Adhere to our acceptable medications list.
- Disclose any mental health diagnosis.
- Bring a 30-day supply of needed/prescribed medications.
- Be able and willing to walk up to 5 miles per day and work various jobs in the building.
- Agree to not work outside of the building for money during this time.
Medical professionals and the Department of Corrections representatives can make referrals to The Healing Place.
Call 804-230-1184. Note: We do not accept court-ordered mandates to the program.
Click here to learn about our acceptable medication policy.
Learn more about how the program works here.
Family Education Program
The Family Education Program is a collaborative effort dedicated to providing quality education and support to families of substance users in our community. Currently, we meet virtually. Visit us on Facebook to access meeting links and find out which topics we will cover each week!
We are free and open to anyone with an addicted loved one. Arm yourself with the education, support and resources to cope with a loved one’s substance abuse and make peace with the past and present.
Live at the CARITAS Recovery Residences
We invite men and women at any point during their personal recovery journey to live in one of our safe and affordable apartments. Here in the newly opened CARITAS Center, you will become part of a sober living community that meets the highest state and national standards. You do not have to be a part of The Healing Place program.
During your time here, we will help you save money, foster independence and make plans for your future. Our team will connect you to resources that will enhance your support networks, employment opportunities, self-awareness, and self-esteem.