Addiction is a disease that truly impacts the whole family. Everyone affected by addiction needs support, care, and healing. CARITAS is committed to connecting you with education, support, and resources to feel more equipped to cope with a loved ones substance use as you embark on your own healing journey.
Do You Have a Loved One In Our Program?
Connect With Us
Family Education Program
The Family Education Program is a collaborative effort dedicated to providing quality education and support to families of substance users in our community through regular meetings and programs. These are free and open to anyone with a loved one who may be suffering from addiction. We meet virtually every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
Join us on Zoom: https://vcu.zoom.us/j/299427496
Or call in: 646-558-8656 | Meeting ID: 299427496
Find a Support Group Near You
Tap the links below to be directed to local and virtual meetings for families and friends with loved ones struggling with substance use disorder.
- Al-Anon: An international fellowship of relatives and friends of alcoholics who share their experience, strength, and hope in order to solve their common problems.
- Nar-Anon: Specific for families and friends of someone with a drug addiction
- Families Anonymous: For families of loved ones with the disease of addiction.
- SMART Recovery: A global community of people and families working together and learning from one another using a self-empowering approach based on the most current science of recovery.
Below is a list of publications that we recommend to learn how to heal and grow alongside your loved ones in recovery.
- Everything Changes: Help for families of newly recovering addicts, Beverly Conyers
- The Language of Letting Go: Daily Meditations for Codependents, Melody Beattie
- Love First, Debra Jay & Jeff Jay
- Addict in the Family: Stories of hope, loss and recovery, Beverly Conyers
- Living in the Wake of Addiction: Lessons for Courageous Caregiving, Gloria Englund
- The 20 Minute Guide. This is a practical, compassionate, and effective roadmap for those who are concerned about their loved one’s substance use, or want to learn ways to prevent it.
Visit The Healing Place -Richmond VA on Facebook for upcoming events! Click here.