Job Openings at CARITAS
Currently accepting applications for Temporary Driver position with CARITAS Solutions. (Posted 6/7/2017)
CARITAS Values: Achievement, Honor, Innovation, Integrity, Passion, Servant Leadership –
The CARITAS culture reflects these values. Professional and timely communication among and between our constituents to include staff, volunteers, donors and clients as well as the ability to work across the programs of the organization – Shelter, the Furniture Bank, Works and The Healing Place are necessary for success.
CARITAS Solutions Driver
Position Summary: CARITAS Solutions is a social enterprise of CARITAS that provides moving, hauling, and furniture removal and installation services for local customers. This position provides temporary employment opportunities, helping to fill the gap in work history and providing job and team building skills.
CARITAS Solutions Driver
- Loads and unloads furniture and related materials onto and off trucks, ensuring that appropriate padding and straps are used to prevent damage.
- Responsible for moving office and household goods, appliances, equipment, etc. to and from job site to trucks using proper safety and moving skills.
- Responsible for operating a 26 ft. non-commercial truck adhering to all safety and traffic regulations; driver is expected to sweep out truck at the end of shift.
- Attend planning, strategy & safety meeting for projects as scheduled.
- Models proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environment practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Tasked in cleaning up work sites, discarding all trash and debris.
- Follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate a forklift, mechanical lift gates, and platforms, as appropriate to the position.
Supervisor: Primary: Procurement/Special Project Manager, Secondary: Special Project Coordinator
- Driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Be open and teachable
- Strong Customer Service skills with the motivation to improve
- Honesty and integrity
- Value service before self
- Value Teamwork over individual gain
Please submit resume and CARITAS Job Application to Kevin Yates at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position.
Single Adult Program Clinician
United by our compassion, we help our most vulnerable neighbors break the cycles of homelessness and addiction to reclaim their dignity. We are a family of four programs working to fill the gaps in the homeless services system; CARITAS Shelter, CARITAS Works, The Healing Place and the CARITAS Furniture Bank.
CARITAS is the largest provider of homeless services in the Metro Richmond area. We are unique in that we fill the gaps in the homeless services system so that people in crisis can find stability in their lives now and in the future. Through our four programs – the Shelter, the Furniture Bank, Works and The Healing Place – we provide people with the basic life and job skills they need to exit shelter and return to their families, their jobs, their homes and their lives as productive citizens.
The CARITAS Shelter currently operates through local congregations to provide shelter and a pathway to housing for our most vulnerable citizens. We have a Men’s, Women’s and Family Program, each of which move congregations from week to week. CARITAS has over 90% of the beds for Single Women experiencing homelessness in the Richmond area.
Single Adult Program Clinician
This position will be instrumental in connecting single men/women to the existing resources in the Richmond Community in order for them to achieve housing stability. This person will move clients towards housing by building positive supportive relationships, use appropriate assessment and diagnostic tools that allow clients with mental health or substance abuse to be connected to the appropriate supports, engage in therapeutic relationships with clients, manage therapeutic groups available to all clients, leveraging overnight staff time and skills, and by connecting them with other community resources. This person will manage overnight shelter staff.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge and critical skills to guide clients along the continuum of care in order to utilize available and appropriate resources to achieve favorable clinical and cost outcomes
- Manages a caseload of 32-40 individuals experiencing homelessness by conducting comprehensive assessments on each assigned case and developing holistic and customized goal oriented individual service plans that are housing focused.
- Advocates for the client and works collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams to coordinate quality and cost effective services to meet each client’s needs and established goals
- Employs the use of Motivational Interviewing (MI) and techniques of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to increase client motivation to self-resolve issues and barriers to client’s best interest
- Facilitates process groups to provide clients with interventions meant to enhance and promote the psychosocial functioning of individuals experiencing a housing crisis.
- Supervises a team of shelter care staff and a team of students completing various level of internship
- Supervise the women’s overnight Team Lead and staff.
- Complete assessment records for new clients to help insure a smooth transition into the shelter and expedite RRH within the continuum. Provide client support and direction, culminating in the placement of clients/families into appropriate housing.
- Coordinate housing stabilization plan and monitor service plan progress.
- Follow all agency protocol for tracking data in HMIS – accuracy and timeliness a priority. Participate in COC meetings and goals.
- Monitor housing plan progress by regularly conferencing with assigned clients.
- Assist Shelter Team with case records and compiling reports.
- Serve as on-call/support staff and emergency contact after hours.
- May be asked to speak at events as a representative of CARITAS.
- CPR/ First Aid certified and Naloxone trained.
- Additional duties as needed.
Supervisor: Senior Shelter Program Clinician
Hours: 40 hours per week including some evenings and possibly weekends, emergency on-call as needed.
Qualifications: Bachelors in Human Services Related degree with 2 or more years working with clients facing a housing crisis, or individuals with substance use disorders and/ or severe mental illness required. Masters in Human Services Related degree preferred. Valid Virginia driver’s license, good driving record and reliable transportation.
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with experience
All interested and qualified candidate’s should forward their resume’s to Allie Cornell; email@example.com