Job Openings at CARITAS
We put our values front and center here at CARITAS. Our values include: Achievement, Honor, Innovation, Integrity, Passion, and Servant Leadership. The CARITAS culture reflects these values. Professional and timely communication among and between our constituents to include staff, volunteers, donors and clients as well as the ability to work across the programs of the organization — Shelter, the Furniture Bank, Works and The Healing Place — are necessary for success.
United by our compassion, we help our most vulnerable neighbors break the cycles of homelessness and addiction to reclaim their dignity. We are a family of four programs working to fill the gaps in the homeless services system; CARITAS Shelter, CARITAS Works, The Healing Place and the CARITAS Furniture Bank.
CARITAS is the largest provider of homeless services in the Metro Richmond area. We are unique in that we fill the gaps in the homeless services system so that people in crisis can find stability in their lives now and in the future. Through our four programs – the Shelter, the Furniture Bank, Works and The Healing Place – we provide people with the basic life and job skills they need to exit shelter and return to their families, their jobs, their homes and their lives as productive citizens.
Transition Coordinator, Men’s Healing Place:
The Transition Coordinator oversees, plans, and coordinates services for residents who have completed THP’s residential recovery program and are ready to move into an independent living situation.
- Coordinate with CARITAS Works for residents to complete the workforce training 4/3/20194/3/20194/3/2019 To include teaching Relapse Prevention and Introduction to Transition class.
- Identify and recommend other life skills training that might help a client maintain independent living. .
- Oversee clients in transitional housing.
- Collect and track rent in Quick Books. Reconcile deposits. Distribute weekly financial statements. Singer for all escrow checks.
- Ensure housing areas are clean and maintained. Property Manager reports to Transition Coordinator any issues of accountability that need to be addressed.
- Maintain KIP database for Transition clients.
- Collect, measure, and evaluate data used to monitor and improve program outcomes.
- Provide the Program Manager with monthly written reports and updates on activities and results.
- Chair the weekly Transition Community meetings.
- Oversee and implement an annual alumni event. Facilitate monthly Alumni Association meetings.
- Engage and supervise volunteers participating in program activities as they relate to Transition clients.
- Conducts weekly Transition Team meetings with Program Manager and Peer Mentor supervisors to serve Refocus participants. Facilitate weekly Refocus group.
- Facilitate weekly open class.
Supervisor: This position reports to the Program Manager -THPM and works closely with the Works Program Manager.
Hours: 40 hours per week, plus some nights and weekends. On call 24/7 for Transition participants.
- Advanced knowledge of a 12 step program. CPRS preferred.
- Previous experience in working with those experiencing crisis and chemical dependency.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Skilled in conflict resolution
- Ability to handle emergency situations.
- Comfortable and competent using a computer, including all Microsoft products and Google.
CARITAS Values: Achievement, Honor, Innovation, Integrity, Passion, Servant Leadership –
The CARITAS culture reflects these values. Professional and timely communication among and between our constituents to include staff, volunteers, donors and clients as well as the ability to work across the programs of the organization – Shelter, the Furniture Bank, Works and The Healing Place are necessary for success.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com Include Transition Coordinator in subject line.
CARITAS Solutions Driver
Position Summary: CARITAS Solutions is a social enterprise of CARITAS that provides moving, hauling, and furniture removal and installation services for local customers. This position provides temporary employment opportunities, helping to fill the gap in work history and providing job and team building skills.
CARITAS Solutions Driver
- Loads and unloads furniture and related materials onto and off trucks, ensuring that appropriate padding and straps are used to prevent damage.
- Responsible for moving office and household goods, appliances, equipment, etc. to and from job site to trucks using proper safety and moving skills.
- Responsible for operating a 26 ft. non-commercial truck adhering to all safety and traffic regulations; driver is expected to sweep out truck at the end of shift.
- Attend planning, strategy & safety meeting for projects as scheduled.
- Models proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environment practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Tasked in cleaning up work sites, discarding all trash and debris.
- Follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate a forklift, mechanical lift gates, and platforms, as appropriate to the position.
Supervisor: Primary: Procurement/Special Project Manager, Secondary: Special Project Coordinator
- Driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Be open and teachable
- Strong Customer Service skills with the motivation to improve
- Honesty and integrity
- Value service before self
- Value Teamwork over individual gain
Please submit resume and CARITAS Job Application to Michael Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position.
CARITAS at The Healing Place Shelter Monitor
Provide supervision to an overnight shelter for single men. Act as the liaison between THP/CARITAS administrative staff, volunteers, and guests. Support housing first efforts of shelter staff, Shelter Case Management and Director of Shelter Operations to provide assistance and structure for individuals facing a housing crisis.
- Be aware of all policies and procedures regarding staff and clients of CARITAS/THP.
- Observe behavior of individuals seeking shelter during sign-In period, screening out anyone whose behavior is inappropriate according to program guidelines
- Provide information on the recovery programs and encourage participation when appropriate.
- Monitor clients through meetings and evening educational sessions.
- Perform scheduled rounds of the facility to assess and monitor for safety.
- Perform drug screens/alcohol sensor readings on clients in the THP Recovery program.
- Enforce all Shelter guidelines.
- Monitor sleeping areas, lounge area and restrooms throughout the shift.
- Complete the shift report in a timely manner.
- Offer support and encouragement to clients that express and interest for steps towards recovery.
- Attend paid staff trainings.
- Be aware of all policies and procedures regarding staff and clients of CARITAS.
- Provide quality customer service
- Consistently ensure the accurate completion of all paperwork.
- Maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisor Specialty Shelter Supervisor and Shelter Case Manager
Hours 4PM-12AM or 12AM-8AM.
Ability to work well within low barrier shelter
Skilled in conflict resolution.
Ability to remain calm and handle emergency situations.
Good oral and written communication skills.
Valid T.B. test within 2 weeks of being hired
Current CPR certification required within 1 month of being hired.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com