Job Openings at CARITAS
We put our values front and center here at CARITAS. Our values include: Achievement, Honor, Innovation, Integrity, Passion, and Servant Leadership. The CARITAS culture reflects these values. Professional and timely communication among and between our constituents to include staff, volunteers, donors and clients as well as the ability to work across the programs of the organization — Shelter, the Furniture Bank, Works and The Healing Place — are necessary for success.
The Healing Place for Men Program Manager
Exciting new career opportunity at CARITAS and The Healing Place for men!
The Healing Place Men’s Program Manager is responsible for all aspects of program implementation for this peer-driven, long-term residential recovery program and the 24/7 Specialty Shelter located at 700 Dinwiddie Ave. This position will develop a team of peer mentors and staff to assist in the day-to-day management, execution and success of the programs. This position oversees directly or with dotted line responsibility: Food Service Manager, Facilities Manager, 24/7 Specialty Shelter Monitor, Peer Mentor Coordinator, and the Transition Coordinator.
- Provide day-to-day management of 188-bed men’s long-term, residential recovery program and the 22-bed emergency shelter located at 700 Dinwiddie Ave in Richmond.
- Develop and maintain a positive peer culture within the facility.
- Develop and maintain a balanced budget in conjunction with the COO.
- Create and maintain policies, rules and guidelines with accuracy and timeliness.
- Work with the COO to accurately and effectively measure and evaluate outcomes of the program.
- Provide instruction and training for staff members, Peer Mentors, and clients in the principles of the social model recovery program to maintain standards of program delivery. Facilitate group meetings with clients to deal with issues and concerns in a democratic manner compatible with the social model.
- Monitor all screenings and discharges from program.
- Work across programs to ensure consistent and timely communication, and maximize opportunities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with a network of referral and recovery resources statewide.
- Support Director of Community Engagement by supervising volunteers, encouraging two- way communications, and participating in program activities.
Supervisor: This position reports to the COO and has up to 14 Peer Mentors, 4 AmeriCorps members and 3 full-time staff members reporting to him. Member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Hours: 40 hours per week, salaried exempt level
- Extensive knowledge of the 12-step program of recovery and the Social Model.
- Management experience in the field of recovery.
- Experience in team development and knowledge of group dynamics.
- Master’s degree preferred (MSW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or equivalent. Will accept a BSW or equivalent; and/or five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; and an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office. CADC and/or PRSS a plus.
- The ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with persons with alcoholics and/or substance use disorders.
- Experience working with an ethnically, culturally and racially diverse staff and client population.
- Ongoing program development and innovation are integral to this position.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and with written word, and present engaging information on The Healing Place to large groups.
- Fast-paced environment. Requires teamwork, creativity, and flexibility on a daily basis.
CARITAS Values: Achievement, Honor, Innovation, Integrity, Passion, Servant Leadership –
The CARITAS culture reflects these values. Professional and timely communication among and between our constituents to include staff, volunteers, donors and clients as well as the ability to work across the programs of the organization – Shelter, the Furniture Bank, Works and The Healing Place are necessary for success.
Currently accepting applications for Temporary Driver position with CARITAS Solutions. (Posted 6/7/2017)
Please send cover letter and resume with The Healing Place – M in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
CARITAS Solutions Driver
Position Summary: CARITAS Solutions is a social enterprise of CARITAS that provides moving, hauling, and furniture removal and installation services for local customers. This position provides temporary employment opportunities, helping to fill the gap in work history and providing job and team building skills.
CARITAS Solutions Driver
- Loads and unloads furniture and related materials onto and off trucks, ensuring that appropriate padding and straps are used to prevent damage.
- Responsible for moving office and household goods, appliances, equipment, etc. to and from job site to trucks using proper safety and moving skills.
- Responsible for operating a 26 ft. non-commercial truck adhering to all safety and traffic regulations; driver is expected to sweep out truck at the end of shift.
- Attend planning, strategy & safety meeting for projects as scheduled.
- Models proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environment practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Tasked in cleaning up work sites, discarding all trash and debris.
- Follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate a forklift, mechanical lift gates, and platforms, as appropriate to the position.
Supervisor: Primary: Procurement/Special Project Manager, Secondary: Special Project Coordinator
- Driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Be open and teachable
- Strong Customer Service skills with the motivation to improve
- Honesty and integrity
- Value service before self
- Value Teamwork over individual gain
Please submit resume and CARITAS Job Application to Kevin Yates at email@example.com to apply for this position.
CARITAS at The Healing Place Shelter Monitor
Provide supervision to an overnight shelter for single men. Act as the liaison between THP/CARITAS administrative staff, volunteers, and guests. Support housing first efforts of shelter staff, Shelter Case Management and Director of Shelter Operations to provide assistance and structure for individuals facing a housing crisis.
- Be aware of all policies and procedures regarding staff and clients of CARITAS/THP.
- Observe behavior of individuals seeking shelter during sign-In period, screening out anyone whose behavior is inappropriate according to program guidelines
- Provide information on the recovery programs and encourage participation when appropriate.
- Monitor clients through meetings and evening educational sessions.
- Perform scheduled rounds of the facility to assess and monitor for safety.
- Perform drug screens/alcohol sensor readings on clients in the THP Recovery program.
- Enforce all Shelter guidelines.
- Monitor sleeping areas, lounge area and restrooms throughout the shift.
- Complete the shift report in a timely manner.
- Offer support and encouragement to clients that express and interest for steps towards recovery.
- Attend paid staff trainings.
- Be aware of all policies and procedures regarding staff and clients of CARITAS.
- Provide quality customer service
- Consistently ensure the accurate completion of all paperwork.
- Maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisor Specialty Shelter Supervisor and Shelter Case Manager
Hours 4PM-12AM or 12AM-8AM.
Ability to work well within low barrier shelter
Skilled in conflict resolution.
Ability to remain calm and handle emergency situations.
Good oral and written communication skills.
Valid T.B. test within 2 weeks of being hired
Current CPR certification required within 1 month of being hired.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org