CARITAS transforms lives and brightens our community. We provide a variety of volunteer opportunities in the Richmond area. With the support of 12,000+ volunteer hours each year, we can stretch every contribution farther and create a larger impact. For every dollar CARITAS invests in volunteer engagement, we can add $3.60 of value to our clients and our mission.
Flexible and meaningful opportunities are available for you, your office, your family, and your neighbors to make a difference with us!
We ask that you attend an orientation with us. As we navigate the pandemic and our move into the CARITAS Center, you can start our experience by filling out the volunteer form below.
In addition, before you volunteer, please review our new health and safety protocols. Click here.
Our volunteer program opportunities include the following:
- We often need outside support to provide meals to our shelter guests. Click here to sign up to provide a meal.
- Contact email@example.com or call (804) 358-0964 for more information about volunteering with our Shelter.
- Create a Hygiene Kit or an Exit Kit. Learn more about creating kits!
- Create a Welcome Home Kit! Welcome Home Kits include household cleaning items. Items are used by clients served as they transition from crisis into a permanent home. Sign up to create kits!
- More opportunities exist for volunteers at the Furniture Bank, including shopping with clients, sorting incoming donations, and more. To learn more, fill out our volunteer form, call (804) 358-0964, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Corporate, civic, and other groups are encouraged to volunteer with us; we offer many rewarding opportunities for teams, including our Table or Dresser Builds.
- Off-site volunteers of any age can host a drive to collect gently used household items (pillows, linens, towels, dishes, pots/pans, flatware, etc.) and deliver them to the Furniture Bank warehouse.
- Our students need your expertise to assist them with basic computer skills, resume writing, interview prep, and dressing professionally. Contact email@example.com or call (804) 358-0964 to learn more about volunteering with CARITAS Works.
- Create a Workforce Development Kit! These kits include shoe polish, travel bags, razors, and more. Men and women use them as they learn job and life skills. Sign up to create kits!
- We also need your help in providing meals to our Works students and their volunteers. Follow us on social media for requests for support.
The Healing Place:
- For volunteer opportunities such as sponsorship at The Healing Place for Men, contact Justin Woods at (804) 887-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Healing Place serves 600+ meals every day in the recovery program. We would love your help in providing bag lunches. Residents use these meals as they head out to visit meetings and give back to the community. Click here to sign up to provide a meal.
- Shop our Amazon Wishlist and have items delivered to 2220 Stockton Street, Richmond, VA 23224. Click here to shop for items for The Healing Place for Women. Click here to shop for items for The Healing Place for Men.
- Open Saturdays are currently on hold, and we hope to have more opportunities soon. To learn more, fill out our volunteer form, call (804) 358-0964, or email email@example.com.
Please Note: We welcome on-site volunteers aged 16 and older, with underage volunteers providing adult supervision (one adult per five minors).