CARITAS has volunteer opportunities available every day. Flexible and meaningful opportunities are available for you, your office, your family, and your neighbors! Each hour of time you donate helps transform lives and brighten our community. With your volunteer support, we can stretch every contribution farther and positively impact even more lives!
See all available opportunities for volunteers at caritas.volunteerlocal.com/volunteer/
- Register for volunteer opportunities using the link above. Registering lets us know when to expect you and gives us important information to help manage our inventory.
- Any opportunity that does not have a link attached below is not currently available.
- We continue to appreciate contactless donations made at either location in the form of meals and items. Please see below for available opportunities.
**All new onsite volunteers must complete the application and orientation before volunteering.
- Step 1: Complete the Volunteer Application
- Step 2: Register for Connect with CARITAS monthly volunteer orientation for volunteers
Before engaging in any volunteer activities, we ask that you attend an orientation with us. Virtual “Connect with CARITAS” volunteer orientations are held every other Wednesday at 1 p.m.
- Step 3 (optional): Want more information before you commit? Take a tour before you volunteer.
Shop our Amazon Wishlists and have items delivered to our programs at 2220 Stockton Street, Richmond VA 23224.
Wish list for the Women’s Emergency Shelter
Wish list for the Men’s Emergency Shelter
Wish list for The Healing Place for Women
Wish list for The Healing Place for Men
Wish list for CARITAS Works
Wish list for the Recovery Residences
We have no further storage for the following items:
Professional clothing (men’s or women’s)
Hygiene items for women
Scarves and hats
Hand sanitizer or face masks
We are accepting the following items:
Gloves and boots (men’s and women’s)
Men’s undershirts, underwear, belts, and socks (larger sizes most needed)
Men’s hygiene items such as razors, shaving cream, deodorant, travel shampoo and lotion, and alcohol-free mouthwash
Men’s shower shoes (larger sizes most needed)
Small household items (Flatware, mugs, glasses, pots and pans, bowls, coffee pots, microwaves, washcloths and hand towels)
Blankets (not throws)
CARITAS serves hundreds of men and women 24/7. We make sure they have the nutritious fuel they need–that means 3 meals a day. It’s a large undertaking to make this possible every day. In 2022, CARITAS served more than half a million meals to our program participants! We need YOUR help. Join us by signing up for this unique volunteer opportunity using the link below.
The Healing Place:
- For opportunities such as sponsorship at The Healing Place for Men, contact Ray Porter at (804) 887-1580 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: We welcome on-site volunteers aged 16 and older, with underage volunteers requiring adult supervision (one adult per five minors).
CARITAS is proud to be recognized as a leader in our partnership with volunteers through the Points of Light Service Enterprise certification process.