CARITAS has volunteer opportunities available every day. Flexible and meaningful opportunities are available for you, your office, your family, and your neighbors! Each hour of time you donate helps transform lives and brighten our community. With your volunteer support, we can stretch every contribution farther and positively impact even more lives!
- Before engaging in any volunteer activities, we ask that you attend an orientation with us. Virtual “Connect with CARITAS” volunteer orientations are held every other Wednesday at 1 p.m.
- Register for volunteer opportunities using the links below. Registering lets us know when to expect you and gives us important information to help manage our inventory.
- Any opportunity that does not have a link attached below is not currently available.
- In addition, before you volunteer, please review our health and safety protocols for COVID-19. Please note that CARITAS requires all onsite volunteers to provide proof of vaccination as of October 1.
- We continue to appreciate contactless donations made at either location in the form of meals and kits. Please see below for available opportunities.
- Want more information before you commit? Take a tour before you volunteer.
Volunteer Quick Links
- Complete the Volunteer Application
- Register for Connect with CARITAS monthly volunteer orientation for approved volunteers
**All new volunteers must complete the application and orientation before volunteering.
See all available opportunities for volunteers at caritas.volunteerlocal.com/volunteer/
- Provide a Comfy Kit for participants in the Shelter or The Healing Place-Women (scrubs and undergarments)
- Provide a Comfy Kit for participants in the Shelter or The Healing Place-Men (scrubs and underwear)
- Provide a Hygiene Kit for participants in the Shelter or The Healing Place-Men
- Provide an Exit Kit for participants leaving the Shelter
- Shop our Amazon Wishlists and have items delivered directly to our programs at 2220 Stockton Street, Richmond VA 23224: Shop for items for The Healing Place for Women. Shop for items for The Healing Place for Men.
- Our students need your expertise to assist them with basic computer skills, resume writing, interview prep, and dressing professionally. Contact email@example.com or call (804) 358-0964 to learn more about volunteering with CARITAS Works.
The Healing Place:
- For opportunities such as sponsorship at The Healing Place for Men, contact Justin Woods at (804) 887-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open Saturdays are currently on hold, and we hope to have more opportunities soon. To learn more, fill out our volunteer form, call (804) 358-0964, or email email@example.com.
Please Note: We welcome on-site volunteers aged 16 and older, with underage volunteers requiring adult supervision (one adult per five minors).