Now recruiting for AmeriCorps positions (see below for details). All positions start September 3rd, 2019.
As part of the AmeriCorps and CARITAS family you will help transform lives by providing service to those moving through crisis toward stability.
AmeriCorps Members serve 900 hours (half-time) over approximately 6 month terms or 1700 hours over a year (full time); receiving a stipend paid bi-weekly with eligibility for an educational award at completion of contract. This education grant can be used for any accredited program in Virginia or transferred to an immediate family member if you are over 55 at the start of your service contract.
As an AmeriCorps member you will provide at least 35 hours of Direct Service each week and be required to complete all training during the service year, which includes mandatory service days in September, Martin Luther King Day, and one other service day to be determined. Other training will include the Regional Launch, weekly training meetings and special training sessions as planned. All training sessions are mandatory!
Open positions are listed below. Please complete the AmeriCorps Application and return to the email address noted in the open position.
Driver and warehouse associate.
- Provide delivery and pick up services of mattresses, couches, dressers, eating table among other furniture for up to 6 households per day.
- One-on-one customer service required for pick-ups and deliveries.
- Heavy lifting in warehouse to receive donations and inventory items as directed by Warehouse Manager.
- Assist volunteers with shoppers to ensure a positive experience by loading trucks with furniture.
- Supervise Works interns and volunteers as directed by the Warehouse Manager.
- Learn and exercise safety measures in the warehouse and serve as a role model for volunteers
- Route pick-ups using Google in accordance with program parameters.
- Complete daily truck log and weekly truck maintenance.
- Act as a rotating member of the Laundry Team and make deliveries of mats and linens to support the Shelter operations on specific Saturday’s.
- Diligently keep inventory number of what comes in and what goes out of warehouse
Skills Needed: Driver’s license; honesty and integrity; positive, teachable attitude, follows directions; desire to work as part of a team for the greater good; Ability to lift 75+ pounds; ability to make a field based decision based on the values of the agency; good sense of direction a plus. We are an inclusive project site.
This is an AmeriCorps 6 – month half time position with possible extension.
Interested Applicants Inquire at: 1108 Gordon Richmond, VA 23224 or send your resume to email@example.com with Warehouse Assistant in subject line.