CARITAS is more committed than ever to providing compassion and support to our most vulnerable community members in this new landscape shaped by a global pandemic. As we begin to welcome volunteers and supporters back on-site to our programs, please review our new health and safety guidelines:
Everyone is required to wear a mask in the common areas. The mask must cover your mouth and nose. This includes check in areas, in the hallways, in elevators and more. If you do not have a mask, we will have them available.
Practice 6-feet of social distancing at all times. If you are not part of a volunteer team, please keep 6 feet of distance between you and other groups.
Volunteering is by appointment only. For general volunteer opportunities, please contact Nakesha Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org. For volunteer opportunities such as sponsorship at The Healing Place, contact Justin Woods (804) 887-1584 email@example.com. We will be restricting the number of people onsite to adhere to social distancing guidelines. For example, at the Furniture Bank, we will restrict the sorting area and workshop area to 8 people or less at any given time.
We will take your temperature with a no-contact thermometer and ask you to wash your hands/ use sanitizer before signing in to the computer or paper log.
We will have health and safety supplies for you. There will be a sanitation station with hand sanitizer for you to use. We also will have gloves to use while sorting through boxes, making dish packs, and more.
Other Health and Safety Reminders and Requests:
- Please do not visit if you are sick or feeling unwell.
- Please do not visit if you have been near someone who is sick.
- Please do not visit if you have traveled or been in contact with anyone who has traveled (regionally, domestically, internationally, or via cruise) in the previous 14 days.
- Please do not shake hands with anyone if you are visiting.
- Please be advised that CARITAS may ask you to leave the volunteer project if you show signs of illness. (See below for The Virginia Department of Health issued recommended self-screening questions)
- Before a visit or volunteer shift, please engage in the below for self-assessment. Please answer “YES or NO, since your last day of volunteer work, or since your last visit to this facility, have you had any of the following:”
- A new fever (100.4°F or higher) or a sense of having a fever?
- A new cough that you’ve developed doing the past two weeks?
- New shortness of breath that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- New chills that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- A new sore throat that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- New muscle aches (myalgia) that you cannot attribute to another health condition, or
- Any other symptom unusual to you.
- If your answer is “yes” to any of the above, please stay home and consult your physician.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to limit any unintentional harm toward volunteers, staff and populations we strive to serve. Thank you for your continued support and dedication as we navigate through these challenging times. We still want volunteering to be fun, so we hope that you will continue to laugh together and with us as we try our best to stay safe and healthy as possible!
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.